Trust is always easier said than done, mostly because it requires that we put the results of a situation in someone else’s hands. I admit it’s an area where I struggle. As a self-proclaimed control freak, trusting other people can seem as irrational as believing a bungee cord will somehow not allow me to crash below.
The Bible is filled with examples of people who trusted God with their circumstances.
- Abraham trusting God when he was told to kill his own son.
- Moses trusting God to turn the rod into a snake
- David trusting God to protect him from Goliath
- Daniel trusting God in the lion’s den
- Shadrach, Meshach and Obednego trusting God in the furnace
- Peter trusting Jesus on the water
- The father trusting Jesus to bring his daughter back to life
- The centurion trusting Jesus to heal his servant
- The woman trusting Jesus to heal her bleeding
- The blind men trusting Jesus to give them sight